About | NCSVisit Our Website
Nepal chemical Society (NCS) was established in 1979 as a voluntary nonprofit association of all chemistry professionals of Nepal. Leading this society is a challenge at the period where the society is experiencing significant growth, and we are in a period of challenges where not only the society but also the nation and the world are experiencing a change. Some of these challenges we can confront directly and manage to a certain extent to the best of our ability. Others we have to think and talk about them together. At times we need to advocate publicly for societal change or defend against attacks on our principles. The progress of society lies on our ability to create financial sustainability and uplifting the institute to the international level.
NCS is committed to creating a conducive environment for all the members of NCS to play a creative role in uplifting society and promise to extend all possible co-operation to build a foundation of excellence and innovation. ·As we know that the society is dedicated to contributing to the overall progress and prosperity of the nation by promoting the research activities and capabilities as well as the quality chemical education of the country. The NCS is equally devoted to strengthening the ties among chemists and chemical technologist working in different academic and research institutions, industries and government bodies to enhance their overall well being.
In the following pages, we have tried to incorporate as much information as possible about NCS. We invite you to navigate through the website and we welcome comments and inputs from the members of NCS for the improvement and look forward to your advice and counsel. The work we do today and tomorrow will have very long time benefit to change the world.
Introduction and Objectives
Nepal Chemical Society (NCS), established in 1979 is a national voluntary non-profit association of all the chemistry professionals of Nepal. At present, it has over 1000 members from different universities, colleges, research institutions, chemical industries, and government organizations.
The society is dedicated to contributing to the overall progress and prosperity of the nation by promoting the research activities and capabilities as well as the quality of chemical education of the country. The NCS is equally devoted to strengthening the ties among chemists and chemical technologists working in different academic and research institutions, industries and government bodies to enhance their overall well-being.
The aims and objectives of the society
- To enhance, develop and promote the advancement of chemistry and the interests of professional chemists in Nepal
- To develop chemistry related technologies and implement those to the benefit of society.
- To act as a forum for the discussion and debate of the recent developments of chemical researches.
- To create and promote research environments.
- To encourage organizations and individuals to contribute to the nation through the works in chemistry and related fields.
- To promote unity, friendship, and cooperation among chemists and safeguard their prestige and professional interests.
- To promote collaboration and interactions among universities, research institutions, and government bodies and hence utilize the capacity of the chemists for the benefit of the country.
- To develop relations with International Professional Societies for the development of chemistry in Nepal.